The vision of the School of Education is to be a leading centre of excellence-- in human capital development in the education sector for sustainable development. The core function of the School is to train quality professional teachers for the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of the education sector.
The mission of the School of Education is to maintain a leadership role in human capital development; generation of new knowledge, ideas and innovative pedagogical skills, involvement in research, consultancy and service leading to enhancement of quality of life for humanity.
OUR CORE VALUES
The vision of the School of Education is geared towards offering the professional preparation programmes of highest quality to meet the needs of the country in human capital formation. Our mission is also geared towards the promotion of excellence through instruction, research and service. In this respect our core are:-
- Provision of high quality teaching informed by research.
- Dedication to excellence.
- Upholding the ethics and etiquette of teaching, learning, research and consultancy.
- Nurturing responsible corporate citizenship with strong social responsibility.
- Embracing the virtues of truth, integrity, honesty, tolerance, professionalism, teamwork and meritocracy (high standards).
- Maintaining impartiality in assessment of and evaluation of students and staff performance.
- Adding value to interaction with various communities through module activities.