To provide leadership in the realm of educational studies, sports sciences and teacher professional development.
A leading College of Excellence in Education and Sports Sciences.
To promote critical enquiry and creativity in education and training.
To conduct research and offer consultancy services
To play a leading role in the development of Curricula at the Ministry of Education
To train academic staff on pedagogical and andragogical skills.
a) Freedom of thought and expression: We shall promote and defend freedom of thought and expression in all our academic inquiry and activities.
b) Innovativeness: We shall be innovative in meeting our Mission.
c) Commitment: We are committed to the mission of the University and always act in the best interests of the University.
d) Trust: We trust the good intentions of others, view conflicts as positive and resolve them creatively and effectively to meet the vision and mission of the University.
e) Care: We foster a leadership culture that cares, is people-focused, connects to and is responsive to the needs of internal and external customers, and promotes stewardship over University resources.
f) Teamwork: We work together as a team to realize the collective results that the University wishes to achieve
1. Teaching and Learning: Teaching and Learning is one of the core businesses of the University. Excellence in teaching and learning guarantees the survival and success of the University in a highly competitive environment. The University must therefore position itself to compete favorably with other world-class institutions while playing its expected pivotal role in national development by equipping learners with relevant knowledge, skills and values.
2. Student Affairs: Students are the core customers of the university and require adequate welfare and support services to ensure their wellbeing while in the university. These services constitute a critical component in the delivery and continued enhancement of excellence in teaching, learning and therefore are essential in the production of quality and holistic graduates.
3. Research, Innovation and Enterprise: Research, Innovation and Enterprise is a core business of the university. It covers research, scholarship and related commercial activities. The university must address this issue to remain relevant in its pursuit of extending the frontiers of knowledge development and application. Research, Innovation and Enterprise enables the university to contribute towards the dynamic social needs that are the hallmark of civilization and development of human life,and have great potential for wealth creation
4. Resources: Resources constitute a key enabler of university business. They are made up of human resource, financial resources and physical infrastructure. The ability of the university to deliver on its mandate will depend on the resources available and the efficiency of their deployment.
5. Competitiveness and Image of the University: Global market competitiveness and image is an important enabler of university operations. The University operates in a very competitive global environment. Institutions of higher learning intensely compete with each other in the attraction of quality staff, resources and students. The University needs to develop a sustainable competitive advantage if it has to remain vibrant and successful,and this will require a strong brand, high visibility, a positive image and consistently favourable ranking.
6. Governance, Leadership and Culture: Governance, leadership and culture form the foundation theme for the University. University governance provides the way universities are managed and operated, and good governance will lead to improved operational efficiency, excellence, higher stakeholder satisfaction and achievement of University mandates. The University internal governance organs include Council, University Executive Board (UEB), Senate, Deans’ Committee, College Management Board, College Academic Board, Faculty/School Academic Board and Departmental Board. The roles of these organs need to be clear and the interface between them properly managed.