Duration and structure
- The degree programme has two options: course work, examination and project as option one and course work, examination and thesis as option two.
- The programme shall run for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum of 12 semesters of 15 weeks each.
- M.Ed. in Educational Technology shall be offered by course work, examination and project/thesis.
- The programme shall comprise 18 course units.
- A student taking the programme by coursework, examination and project shall take ten (10) core course units, four elective course units and project.
- A project shall be equivalent to four course units.
- A student taking the programme by course work, examination and thesis shall take ten core course units and thesis
- A thesis shall be equivalent to eight course units.
- A course unit shall constitute 60 contact hours.
The common regulations for Masters’ Degree in the University of Nairobi shall apply.
- A holder of Bachelor of Education degree with at least Upper Second Class honours degree of the University of Nairobi or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of any other Bachelor’s degree of the University of Nairobi with at least an upper second class honours and postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) of the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of lower second class degree in education obtained from the University of Nairobi and three years teaching experience or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of a pass degree in Education from the University of Nairobi and five years teaching experience or any other qualification recognized by the Senate
- Trainer of trainer
- Managers of school
- Curriculum development specialist
- Computer studies teacher
- IT consultant
- Educational media specialist
- Multimedia designer
- Web designer
- E - learning material developer
- Researchers in educational technology
Fees and Funding
|MASTER OF EDUCATION -E55||YEAR 1||YEAR 2|
|SEMESTER 1 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 2 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 1 -4UNITS||SEMESTER 2-PROJECT||TOTALS|
|TUITION @ 25200||126,000.00||126,000.00||100,800.00||100,800.00||453,600.00|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6,500.00||-||6,500.00||-||13,000.00|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7,000.00||-||7,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|EXAMINATION (PER UNIT @1000)||5,000.00||5,000.00||4,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||9,000.00|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2,000.00||-||2,000.00||-||4,000.00|
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5,000.00||-||-||5,000.00|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5,000.00||-||5,000.00||-||10,000.00|
|STUDENT ORGANISATION(PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|