This programme shall enable the learner:
i) Acquire advanced knowledge, values and skills in Physics Education.
ii) Apply learning theories in the teaching of Physics Education.
iii) Examine trends and issues relevant to Physics Education.
iv) Develop competence necessary for carrying out research in Physics Education.
Duration and structure
- The degree programme has two options: course work, examination and project as option one and course work, examination and thesis as option two.
- The programme shall run for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum 12 semesters of 15 weeks each.
- M.Ed. in Physics Education shall be offered by course work, examination and project/thesis. The programme shall comprise 18 course units.
- A student taking the programme by coursework, examination and project shall take ten (10) core course units, four elective course units and project.
- A project shall be equivalent to four course units.
- A student taking the programme by course work, examination and thesis shall take ten core course units and thesis
- A thesis shall be equivalent to eight course units.
- A course unit shall constitute 60 contact hours
The common regulations for the Master’s degrees in the University of Nairobi and the School of Education shall apply.The following shall be eligible for admission into the Master of Education (Physics Education).
- A holder of Bachelor of Education (B.Ed. Science with physics major or minor) degree with at least Upper Second Class honours degree of the University of Nairobi or its equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of Bachelor of Science degree (Physics) of the University of Nairobi with at least an upper second class honours and Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of lower second class degree in education (Physics) obtained from the University of Nairobi and two years teaching experience or any other equivalent qualification recognized by the Senate.
- A holder of a pass degree in Bachelor of Education (Physics) from the University of Nairobi and five years teaching experience or any other qualification recognized by the Senate.
- Trainer of trainers
- Post-secondary school teacher
- School manager
- Curriculum developer
- IT consultant
- Data scientist
- Lab technician
- Software engineer
- Software expert
Fees and Funding
|MASTER OF EDUCATION -E55||YEAR 1||YEAR 2|
|SEMESTER 1 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 2 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 1 -4UNITS||SEMESTER 2-PROJECT||TOTALS|
|TUITION @ 25200||126,000.00||126,000.00||100,800.00||100,800.00||453,600.00|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6,500.00||-||6,500.00||-||13,000.00|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7,000.00||-||7,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|EXAMINATION (PER UNIT @1000)||5,000.00||5,000.00||4,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||9,000.00|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2,000.00||-||2,000.00||-||4,000.00|
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5,000.00||-||-||5,000.00|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5,000.00||-||5,000.00||-||10,000.00|
|STUDENT ORGANISATION(PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|