- Explore knowledge, values and skills acquired in the teaching of religious education.
- Critique learning theories in the teaching of religious Education.
- Contribute towards the trends and issues relevant to the development religious education.
- Demonstrate competences necessary for carrying out research in religious education.
Duration and structure
- The programme shall run for a minimum period of four semesters and a maximum of 12 semesters of 15 weeks each.
- M.Ed in Religious Education shall be offered by course work, examination and project/thesis.
- The programme shall comprise 18 course units.
- A student taking the programme by coursework, examination and project shall take ten (10) core course units, four elective course units and project.
- A project shall be equivalent to four course units.
- A student taking the programme by course work, examination and thesis shall take ten core course units. two elective course units and thesis.
- A thesis shall be equivalent to six course units
- A course unit shall constitute 60 contact hours.
- The common regulations for the Master’s degrees in the University of Nairobi and the School of Education shall apply.
- The following shall be eligible for admission into the Master of Education (Religious Education):
- A holder of Bachelor of Education degree with at least Upper Second Class honours degree of the University of Nairobi (Religious Studies major or minor) or its equivalent qualification recognized by Senate.
- A holder of any other Bachelor’s degree of the University of Nairobi with at least an upper second class honours (Religious Studies major or minor) and postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) of the University of Nairobi or equivalent qualification recognized by Senate.
- A holder of lower second class degree in education obtained from the University of Nairobi (Religious Studies major or minor) and two years teaching experience or any other equivalent qualification recognized by Senate.
- A holder of a pass degree in Education from the University of Nairobi (Religious Studies major or minor) and five years teaching experience or any other qualification recognized by Senate.
- Trainer of trainer
- School manager
- Curriculum developer
- Post-secondary teacher
- Community activists
- Policy developer
Fees and Funding
|MASTER OF EDUCATION -E55||YEAR 1||YEAR 2|
|SEMESTER 1 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 2 - 5UNITS||SEMESTER 1 -4UNITS||SEMESTER 2-PROJECT||TOTALS|
|TUITION @ 25200||126,000.00||126,000.00||100,800.00||100,800.00||453,600.00|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6,500.00||-||6,500.00||-||13,000.00|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7,000.00||-||7,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|EXAMINATION (PER UNIT @1000)||5,000.00||5,000.00||4,000.00||-||14,000.00|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||2,250.00||9,000.00|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2,000.00||-||2,000.00||-||4,000.00|
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5,000.00||-||-||5,000.00|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5,000.00||-||5,000.00||-||10,000.00|
|STUDENT ORGANISATION(PER YEAR)||1,000.00||-||1,000.00||-||2,000.00|