At the end of the programme, the student should be able to:
Explore the theoretical and applied knowledge of contemporary issues in Educational Planning research .
Apply philosophy, principles and practice of Educational Planning to research.
Conduct research independently at a high level of originality and quality.
Continue to advance knowledge and its application in particular fields of study of Educational Planning
- The programme shall run for a minimum period of seven semesters and a maximum period of 15 semesters of 15 weeks.
- The programme shall be undertaken through coursework, examination and thesis.
- The minimum course load shall be three course units and the maximum course load shall be four course units per semester.
- Each course unit shall consist of 60 contact hours.
- Students will be required to take all the six course units offered except where credit transfer has been permitted.
- A student shall be required to take four core units in the first Semester and, two elective course units in the second Semester. Each elective unit shall be chosen from any one of three clusters.
- A student shall develop a proposal in the second semester.
- A candidate shall write a thesis equivalent to eight units
Upon graduation with PhD degree the graduates can be hired as policy makers in their area of specialization by the government or work in the private sector, teach at the universities, open their own firms as consultants, hired by the county and central governments as advisors on matters of education in their discipline areas.
Fees and Funding
|DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY IN EDUCATION|
|YEAR 1||YEAR 2||YEAR 3||TOTALS|
|ICT SERVICES - (PER YEAR)||7,000.00||7,000.00||7,000.00||21,000.00|
|REGISTRATION (PER SEMESTER@2250)||4,500.00||4,500.00||4,500.00||13,500.00|
|ID CARD ( PER YEAR)||1,000.00||1,000.00||1,000.00||3,000.00|
|CAUTION - (ONCE)||5,000.00||-||-||5,000.00|
|MEDICAL FEE (PER YEAR)||6,500.00||6,500.00||6,500.00||19,500.00|
|ACTIVITY-( PER YEAR)||2,000.00||2,000.00||2,000.00||6,000.00|
|LIBRARY (PER YEAR)||5,000.00||5,000.00||5,000.00||15,000.00|
|STUDENT ORGANISATION(PER YEAR)||1,000.00||1,000.00||1,000.00||3,000.00|